Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Winterfest?
Winterfest Sydney Medieval Fair is a festival that celebrates medieval and fantasy culture.
- When is Winterfest held?
We are planning to be back on the 2nd & 3rd of July 2022.
- Where is Winterfest held?
The Hawkesbury Showground. The street address is 40 Racecourse Rd, Clarendon.
- What time does Winterfest open and close?
Same on Saturday and Sunday:
- How much are tickets?
Ticket prices vary. For a full list of prices please visit our tickets page.
- How do I buy my tickets online?
Tickets will be available online closer to the event.
- Can I buy my tickets on the day?
Yes. Either buy tickets that are available at the gate during both days, or online (discounted) until 12pm on Sunday the 3rd July 2022.
- Who is eligible for concession?
School and university students, concession holders, service personnel, senior cardholders, and aged pension cardholders.
Buy a concession ticket and have your current concession-eligible ID ready to show upon entry.
- Do you accept companion cards?
Yes, we accept companion cards.
- Are there group discounts?
We have discounts for groups larger than 10. Please contact us if you are organising a group booking for more information.
- Is there public transport to Winterfest?
Clarendon Train Station is less than 150m away from our pedestrian entry gate. For more information visit our Getting Here page.
- Is there on-site parking?
Yes, we have free on-site parking for all of our guests. For more information visit our Getting Here page.
- Is there parking reserved for people who are elderly or have a disability?
Yes, if you have a disability or are elderly, please let our parking attendants know and they will direct you to the reserved parking places.
- Where can I stay nearby?
There are many beautiful places to stay in the Hawkesbury. Tripadvisor is a good reference for deciding where to stay.
- Is this an all-weather event?
Winterfest will go ahead in most weather conditions, but may be postponed in a case of extreme weather. Please check our website or social media pages if you are uncertain.
- Is Winterfest’s location wheelchair friendly?
Yes. The field is flat with short grass, and there are ramps for the grandstand and restrooms.
- Is there a parents’ room for changing babies?
Yes, they are located in the restrooms nearest to the grandstand.
- Are there any food vendors with special dietary requirement options?
Yes, we have food vendors who sell vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options.
- Are the activities the same on both days?
Yes, the primary events are the same, but there may be variations each day for the Australian Medieval Combat competition and medieval performances.
- Is there a schedule?
Yes, as we get closer to the event weekend, we will release a complete timetable on our website.
- Can I bring my dog to Winterfest?
Dogs on leash are fine. Please consider that we have horses and flying birds of prey on show, a cannon fire show, as well as young children attending Winterfest.
- Can I bring an animal other than a dog to Winterfest?
If you want to bring a small pet animal such as a ferret or rat, please consider its safety and the safety of others.
All large animals such as horses may only attend with prior approval as part of a scheduled display.
- I’ve lost something at Winterfest. What can I do?
If you have lost an item, visit our Information Centre on site so we can take your details and contact you if it is handed in. If you have already left, please contact us with the item details and your contact information.